Newcastle Sand operations during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Newcastle Sand, we are committed first and foremost to the safety of our employees, contractors and customers.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and the recommendations of NSW Department of Health and other legislative bodies.
What action is Newcastle Sand taking?
As we focus on keeping people safe and to provide our customers with the highest level of service, we have put in place measures to ensure that we do everything possible to limit the potential spread of COVID-19. In addition to adopting NSW Department of Health policies relating to social distancing and public gatherings, we have implemented the following to maintain the safety of our people and customers:
- Employees are working from home or remotely, where possible
- Employees and contractors are being asked to self-report any symptoms and self-isolate where required in line NSW Department of Health advice.
- We have increased the availability of cleaning and hygiene products onsite and continue to educate our team on best practice hygiene
- All operational employees have implemented controls to reduce direct or close face-to-face contact including:
- social distancing of at least 1.5 metres outdoors and 1 person per 4 square metres indoors
- modifying rosters to reduce crossover of employees
- visual reminders at meeting points, workstations, lunchrooms and other seated areas
- limiting access to our sites to only production critical personnel
- We have implemented further controls to reduce environmental exposure including:
- the inspection of air conditioning systems
- increasing cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas or essential shared surfaces where it’s not possible to remove the need
- providing hospital cleaning products and guides for cleaning workspaces
- providing instruction guides and amenities for personal hygiene and infection control
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath) and making sure workers know what do if they notice these symptoms in themselves, colleagues, suppliers or other personnel
- Communicating with contractors when attending our sites
- Site closed to all sales representatives. Sales representatives will only be allowed onsite with an approved booked appointment
We recognise that these are uncertain and challenging times and we will continue to monitor and respond to this evolving situation. As circumstances change, we will continue to communicate with you on how we are managing this situation, ensuring business continuity, and the wellbeing of all our employees, contractors and customers.
These are very uncertain times, and everyone will be impacted in a different way, so it is critical for us all to look out for each other.
Should you require any additional information please direct enquires to the Quarry Manager, Paul Bourne 0402 648 079.